Wednesday, January 21, 2009

2008 in review

I know that 2008 has been over for a while now, but I really feel like I need to bring a little closure to it before turning fully to 2009. So here they are – the highlights of the year gone by.




**My sweet Jonah transformed from a cuddly, smiling baby at the beginning of the year to a walking, climbing, and talking (a little) toddler. When I look back at how much he changed this last year, and then think forward to how much he is going to change this year, my heart clenches up a little bit, and I feel the beginnings of panic over “losing” my baby. Fortunately, my own wise mama reminded me that my mama self will grow up right along with him…



**A new baby was born! Adelyn Ann was born on May 10 to my brother and his wife. I had the great privilege to be able to visit them right after Addy’s birth and see her wonderful newborn self in person, and then to visit three times after that. She is such a sweet little person – I only wish we lived closer! (Thanks to her talented mama Kelly for letting me post her photo here.)




**Our family gained one more member when my beautiful sister married Joel. They had a lovely wedding in September – and Katie even wore my mother’s (slightly remodeled) wedding dress which my grandmother made for their wedding back in 1973! (Another Kelly photo – thank you!!)
**All four of us traveled to Fargo for Christmas. This was the first time I had been with any of my family for Christmas since before I was married, and what a joy it was! It was quite the journey getting there – think Minnesota weather in December – but it was worth every minute.

** I made many new mama friends! This was a special blessing for me because at the start of 2008 I didn’t really have any other mamas as friends – and they all have filled a special place in my heart.

Okay, I guess that’s it – or as close to “it” as is possible in five bullet points, that is. I look forward to the yet-unknown joys that 2009 will bring!

1 comment:

Grace said...

It was a funyear for you guys! And getting to know you was one of my highlights, as well.